English Bridge Education & Development is a relatively new charity. We want more people of all ages to enjoy playing bridge, and specifically duplicate bridge. Our efforts will go into encouraging more people to take up bridge, as well as building the infrastructure which will make that aim a reality.
All donations we receive will go towards this - making sure this fascinating and absorbing game has a strong future.
Donate to support our wide ranging work
We are very grateful for all donations made towards supporting the wide range of activities in which are engaged. This work includes:
helping to encourage and enable the development of youth bridge, supporting school bridge clubs, and organising bridge events for young people;
putting in place more and better teachers, and providing those teachers with a range of materials to provide a smooth path from novice to player;
organising tournament director training for clubs; and more...
We need your help to promote bridge in our communities: to encourage young and old to take up the game, with important benefits for cognitive skills and social inclusion. Funding for our education programmes depends upon donations from people just like you.
Donate to support our Health and Wellbeing Research
EBED are pleased to be involved with ground-breaking research into the health and wellbeing benefits of playing bridge.
We have partnered with academics at Stirling University to undertake a number of projects, aimed at investigating ‘brain health’ and finding ways of supporting ‘healthy ageing’ through promoting cognitive activities such as playing bridge.
More information on the work to date, and our future projects, is available here.
Whilst EBED is making a significant financial investment in the undertaking of these projects, and volunteers are giving their time and energy to driving the projects forward, more assistance is needed. We hope you will be willing to make a donation to help us carry out future stages of our work and ensure they are completed to optimum effect.
Donate in Memory of Geoffrey Wolfarth
Geoffrey Wolfarth, a regular tournament player who represented England at the 2005 Camrose Trophy. His good friend Brian Senior has written a short obituary. Geoffrey was passionate about his bridge as a player. He also firmly believed in the huge advantages it brought educationally, so the family have asked that anyone wishing to donate in Geoffrey’s memory make donations to EBED.
Other ways to make a financial contribution
There are also other ways to make contributions, and help EBED realise the full potential of your donation...
| A gift in your Will
Make your gift more efficient.
| Tax effective Giving
Help ensure the future of Bridge.
You can also, if you prefer, download a donation form and post us a cheque. Please feel free to call 01296 317 218 at any time to discuss further gifting options..
Support us as you shop
Are you an Amazon shopper? You can now support EBED by using their "smile" site. It works exactly in the same way with the same prices and choice of goods, but Amazon will donate a small percentage of the purchase price to support our charity.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, English Bridge Education & Development will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request English Bridge Education & Development to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by English Bridge Education & Development or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when English Bridge Education & Development asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.