and finally...............?

Does not look like anyone else is interested in the workings of the EBED, other Teachers or Teacher Educators nor the EBED in communicating with Teachers or getting their feedback.
A real shame, this forum has so so much potential for Teachers and the EBED.
I have given it a good shot but now I am looking to do other things and get back to my lone life as a Bridge Teacher.

Comments

• Hi John

Sorry to see you have called it a day. I can understand why and I am a bit at a loss why no one has said anything about your thread before me. Anyway enjoy your bridge and take a pat on the back from me for putting yourself out for bridge.

Best wishes
    Chaz

• Do you know any other teachers locally whom you could ask to contribute ideas or questions here? If you have questions on specific teaching issues, or a need for specific resources then these things can be great topic threads here.
    We will be asking teachers at our forthcoming conference to post a new question or idea and start using the forum.
    We also have a new EBTA facebook group as some teachers may find a Facebook group to be a good way to keep in touch.
    **https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyEBTA **

• Thanks for your kind words Chaz - I will probably be keeping a periodic watch on what, if any thing, is happening on this and Facebook.
    Lorna - I do think you need to rethink the use of the forum. Most teachers have to be self confident about what they teach and will have worked out their questions on teaching others who are paid for their teaching may well not wish to divulge their trade secrets for free. I don't think you or any other Teacher Educator, for instance, have raised any Teaching questions. As a method of the EBED communicating with Teachers and getting feedback however, the forum I would have thought is ideal but that needs you/EBED involvement and advertising more widely than the 200? teachers attending the conference. I suspect it will be the same for Facebook when other than the 3 teachers who view this site find out about it!
    There I go again whistling in the wind.
    Bye

• Hi John. The forum has been advertised in English Bridge, on the EBED website, in Accolade and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. So honestly, all ideas to spread the word will be gratefully received!! However, as a charity we do not have a big advertising budget and word of mouth is often the best route to making things like this a success. We are not asking for trade secrets but ideas for active / interesting debate.

• Lorna
    If you are happy with the advertising (although only 37 of 615 teachers have been encouraged to sign up) then there must be something else.
    I note that the Ruffian has a piece about calling the Director. A direct follow on from the discussion on the forum? Perhaps a reference to the EBED/EBTA watching the forum (but not participating) in the next issue of Accolade may encourage teachers to participate.

• There really should be a direct link to this forum on the EBED site. There used to be a three clicks rule for websites; if a new user was more than three clicks away 90% would give up. At present the only way I can get here is to type in forum after deleting all the rest after www.ebedcio.org.uk/

• edited August 7

Anyone who clicks on “Teach Bridge” on the main menu will see the next screen with the link.

@Strongjim said:
    There really should be a direct link to this forum on the EBED site. There used to be a three clicks rule for websites; if a new user was more than three clicks away 90% would give up. At present the only way I can get here is to type in forum after deleting all the rest after www.ebedcio.org.uk/